Becoming Weavers in a Divided Nation
Sponsored by the Divided Community Project
Attendance: Will be open to all through Zoom (link will be live at the time of the event).
Format: We are in the midst of a polarized nation, further separated by a polarized election. David Brooks, the influential New York Times columnist, will share thoughts about work to weave together the social fabric, and a panel of Ohio State leaders will share short illustrations about how they've engaged in “weaving” work. More about weaving: https://www.aspeninstitute.org/programs/weave-the-social-fabric-initiative/.
President Kristina M. Johnson will share opening remarks.
Other confirmed speakers:
- David Brooks, New York Times op-ed columnist
- Sarah Cole, Moritz Chair in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Norman Jones, Dean & Director, OSU Mansfield
- Jacquelyn Meshelemiah, Associate Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
- Teri Murphy, Co-Director of Conflict to Peace Lab, Mershon Center for International Security Studies
- Gene Smith, Senior Vice President & Wolfe Foundation Endowed Athletics Director
- Lena Tenney, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer, College of Pharmacy