We are excited to announce that the Fall 2019 dates for our Graduate Student Support Group meetings are now posted on our calendar! All support group meetings are open to CFAES and Evolution, Ecology and Organismal Biology (EEOB) graduate students and serves as a safe and confidential network to help students manage the challenges that arise during this exciting, but stressful chapter in their lives. Our meetings will cover topics such as:
- Meeting your advisor's expectations
- Abusive advisors/toxic work environment
- Work/life balance
- Managing the impact of mental illness on academic performance
- Stress/anxiety management and healthy coping strategies
- Interpersonal relationships
- Teaching/research balance
- Access to other helpful resources
Support group meetings will occur every Wednesday of the fall semester from 4:30-6:00pm in Howlett Hall, Room 139 starting on Wednesday, August 14. Please note that the support group meeting on Wednesday, August 21 will take place in Howlett Hall, Room 340. Snacks will be provided and students are welcome to stay as long or as little as they like.
* Please note that all of our support group sessions are peer-led, and no medical advice will be given. All information will be shared as personal experience and is not a recommendation for treatment. If the facilitators feel that a person is in need of professional help, the participant will be provided with information about available resources form licensed providers.