We are pleased to announce that more dates have been added to the Graduate Student Support Group’s schedule. Meetings are now taking place on Tuesdays and Fridays from 4:30-5:30 PM EST and all upcoming meetings have been posted on our calendar. The Graduate Student Support Group* is open to all Ohio State graduate students and serves as a safe and confidential network to help students manage the challenges that arise during this exciting, but stressful chapter in their lives. Due to the current global health crisis all meetings are now being held online via Zoom exclusively. If you would like to receive group updates and reminders, sign up for our mailing list here. You can expect to receive one email per week. Please email Dr. Leo Taylor (email@example.com) to receive the Zoom link if you are not already on the email list.
These meetings will cover topics such as:
- Meeting your advisor's expectations
- Abusive advisors/toxic work environment
- Work/life balance
- Managing the impact of mental illness on academic performance
- Stress/anxiety management and healthy coping strategies
- Interpersonal relationships
- Teaching/research balance
- Access to other helpful resources
* Please note that all of our support group sessions are peer-led, and no medical advice will be given. All information will be shared as personal experience and is not a recommendation for treatment. If the facilitators feel that a person is in need of professional help, the participant will be provided with information about available resources form licensed providers.