Due to the current health crisis all graduate Student Support Group Meetings are now being held online via Zoom exclusively. Please email Dr. Leo Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive the Zoom link if you are not already on the email list (details below).
Are you a graduate student at Ohio State and looking for a supportive community? The Graduate Student Support Group at Ohio State* serves as a safe and confidential network to help graduate students manage the challenges that arise during this exciting, but stressful chapter in their lives. Support group meetings currently occur every Friday and can cover topics such as:
- Meeting your advisor's expectations
- Abusive advisors/toxic work environment
- Work/life balance
- Managing the impact of mental illness on academic performance
- Stress/anxiety management and healthy coping strategies
- Interpersonal relationships
- Teaching/research balance
- Access to other helpful resources
Support group meetings take place via Zoom every Friday 5:00-6:00pm. Please direct all inquiries for the support group to the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion's Program Manager for Faculty and Staff Affairs, Dr. Leo Taylor (email@example.com).
If you'd like to receive group updates and reminders, sign up for our mailing list here. You can expect to receive one email per week. On rare occasions separate emails containing important information are sent (e.g., meeting cancelations, relevant events).
* Please note that all of our support group sessions are peer-led, and no medical advice will be given. All information will be shared as personal experience and is not a recommendation for treatment. If the facilitator feels that a person is in need of professional help, the participant will be provided with information about available resources from licensed providers.