oSTEM provides support for LGBTQ and straight ally students, faculty and staff by educating peers and connecting students, faculty and staff with professionals in industry.
oSTEM envisions a world where LGBTQ+ people in the STEM community are empowered to achieve success in a safe and supportive environment that celebrates their diversity and unique contributions.
oSTEM empowers LGBTQ+ people in STEM to succeed personally, academically, and professionally by cultivating environments and communities that nurture innovation, leadership, and advocacy.
- Integrity: We establish trust through honesty and transparency by maintaining the highest standard of ethics.
- Intentionality: We carry out our work with mindfulness, focus, and self-awareness.
- Respect: We create and maintain openness and inclusion, appreciating individual contributions and fostering diversity and equity.
- Passion: We are dedicated to the relentless pursuit of our vision.
- Grit: We push forward with courage and determination, regardless of the circumstances, to achieve our mission.
The oSTEM chapter at OSU meets on Mondays at 5:30 PM at 140 W 18th Ave., Columbus, OH 43210.